Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fernthal - Universal Lover

Fernthal - Universal Lover 2CD
(2011) Premium

This is a tricky one to write about. But let me first state that I absolutely love this album, but there's no need to buy the limited 2CD edition. The second CD includes a couple of remixes and (old) demos. The Rotersand remix of "Believe In Love" is of course better than the original, but aren't they always?
If you haven't heared about Fernthal before their music is a very nice blend of 80ies pop, electronics and melancholy guitars. The album is very varied, sometimes I think of Depeche Mode and even Modern Talking! But when I listen to my favourite song of the album, "Kings And Queens (A Sailor's Melody)", the neofolk band Ostara comes to mind. This is a grower! Get it now and appreciate it fully by the end of the 2020's!

No comments:

Post a Comment