Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Dagger - The Dagger

The Dagger - The Dagger (2014)
Century Media

Oh, heavy metal? That's not the most frequent genre on this blog. I do love metal, but I don't seem to find any new bands of interest. I find the current power metal trend really tiresome and I've lost almost all interest in death metal. Black metal and the "new" occult rock movement may still bring me some joy. But this is something different. The Dagger sounds like an updated 1978 heavy metal band, maybe like a cross between Judas Priest and Thin Lizzy (the twin guitars!) with heavy Dio influences. This album couldn't have been made in 1978, though. There's far too many inluences from the last two decades here. Certainly worth checking out if heavy metal's your thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment