Sunday, October 11, 2015

James Ray And The Performance - Dust Boat: Merciful Release Recordings 1986-1989

James Ray And The Performance -
Dust Boat: Merciful Release Recordings 1986-1989
(2015) HNE

James Ray (And The Performance and Gangwar) is one artist I haven't been able to fully appreciate. I've always sensed that there were something there, somthing that I would like a lot. Almost 30 years since James Ray was presented to the world in Andrew Eldrich's ego/revenge-project The Sisterhood, HNE Recordings re-releases these early gems. Most of the songs were previously available on the "A New Kind Of Assassin" and the "Best Of James Ray's Performance & Gangwar" CDS, but I think they've been out of print for a very long time. I've been listening to this album and the "James Rays Gangwar - Dios Esta De Nuestro Lado" a lot, lately. And I'm beginning to love these albums. Nice electronic gothic rock before it even existed!

No comments:

Post a Comment